As we enter a new calendar year let’s take a moment to reflect on the closing year.
Rather than completely doing away with the past, use the past as a tool for growth. All experiences provide opportunities for a deeper understanding of ourselves. Look at the ways that you grew and where you may have needed some additional compassion and patience with yourself.
Do a cleansing ritual to release old patterns, habits, thoughts and ideas that may be holding you back.
1. Take a moment to reflect on the things you want to be free from.
2. Write those things down on a piece of paper.
3. Thank the Universe for these lessons and bless them.
4. Acknowledge that you no longer want them in your life.
5. Get a fireproof bowl, light the paper on fire and place the paper in the bowl.
6. Imagine that the smoke is the physical manifestation of what you have written and as the smoke rises see the Universe taking that energy away and cleansing you.
7. Thank yourself
8. Thank the Universe
Try not to overthink what you have written or repeat the process. Spirit hears you and sees you. Know that you are starting the year fresh and ready to take on the world.
So get out there and be great!